If you are looking for the opportunity to lead the development team of a venture-backed start-up that's revolutionizing the coffee industry then you’ve found the right place! Briggo is revolutionizing the way that people order coffee (think the Redbox of coffee) and is looking for someone to lead their development team responsible for their web, mobile, and administrative interfaces and user experience. This role would spend 70% of their time doing development, 20% of their time mentoring junior developers, and 10% of their time doing architecture work.
- Must have 5+ of web related development experience. Lead developer/ architecture experience a plus
- Must have experience with HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery
- Must have experience with Backbone.js, grunt,js, require.js
- Must have experience creating RESTful API applications. Experience with open source tools like Tastypie are a plus.
- Experience with Python and Django is a plus
- iOS and/or Android experience is a plus
- Hadoop or other big data experience is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially EC2 and S3 is a plus
- Experience utilizing software development processes and tools (eg, source control, issue tracking, test-driven development, etc).
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-functional, agile/scrum environment.
- Must be self-motivated and driven.
- Must have interest in learning to think strategically about delivering the solution that powers a venture-backed business, and drive key technology requirements of mobile and web applications.
- Experience with consumer product solutions is preferred.
- Works with any and all members of the assigned project team in estimating costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating processes and tools
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, or related fields greatly preferred.
Required Knowledge & Experience
At least 5 years of experience developing successful internet and/or mobile-based products. Start-up experience and/or experience working inside a venture backed business is strongly preferred. Experience designing software architecture and database architecture is strongly preferred. iOS and Android development/deployment experience is a large plus.